Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tomboy challenge DT card for Totally Tilda!


 
Hiya guys...well what a week! my FIRST ever DT card and I am finding my way round slowly with the lovely help of the girls at Totally Tilda. Thank you to Mummy who has helped me patiently and kindly in getting the bits and bobs right.

Our Sponsor for this challenge is the fantastic - Bunny Zoe's Crafts Bunny Zoe's Crafts

gif maker
 
 
And the prize is!




So the challenge is Tomboy- NO PINK! So for this card I had to crack out the gorgeous Pirate Tilda. For this card I used the dark grey cardstock from Kaisercraft. I then roughed up the edges with my distressing tool on not only the card stock but the Design papers too which are the Kaisercraft 'Vintage Timeless' collection. This collection has a weathered/old look to it, like what an old map would look like.

I then stamped Tilda and coloured her with Distress ink- my colour combo is-

Skin- Tattered Rose/Tea Dye
Tee shirt- Chipped Sapphire/Faded Jeans
Pants- Scattered straw/Mustard seed/Tumbled glass
Sand- Scattered straw
Hat- Tumbled glass
Sail- Spiced Marmalade
Boots- Frayed Burlap
Ship- Walnut stain
Grubbiness on Tilda- Tea Dye

I added some of the Martha Steward glitter to her earrings. Tilda is sitting on Make It Crafty Treasure chest and in the background you can see her ship from the same range at Make It Crafty. I again used glitter and perfect pearls to let her 'pieces of eight' shimmer. Then I glittered a Srap FX embellishment (the sword) and places it at the top corner. Added to this before all glued down is the cheese cloth in the back which reminded me of something shipwrecked. Then this awesome ribbon and bow from Papermania's 'Portobello Road' collection. Then Ranger Stickles in 'Black Diamond' to Tilda's patch and flag of her ship.

I then added a charm to it in form of a skull and cross bone. 

On the inside I embossed a Parrot from the Magnolia range and the Message in a bottle also from Magnolia. I then cut the letters from the Timeless Collection paper pad and spelt out 'Tilda Sparrow' down the side. I thought since she is a Tomboy and a Pirate at that then she should be a bit grubby!

And there you have it...my very first DT card!

Hope you likey!


Love D xx





 
 
So come on guys and pop across and join us at-
 

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous example totally love it and so glad to have you on the team Davinia
    Big hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. davinia, wow awesome detail hun,love the grunge look and the fabby extras, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cute début Tilda creation sweet Tilda even tho she needs a bath..lol fab take on the chall theme.

    smiles mummy Tildarette x

    ps plz check out DT info..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a different card with your sweet dirty Tilda, lol!!!! Love the little letters and that glittery sword. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Davinia and a great take on the theme!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw thank you girls!!! I had such fun with this one! thanks mummy! I would be floating round cyber space without you! I have notes so I got a bit of a check list for labels/linking etc. soooo pleased to be here ladies!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the shabby look of this with the elegance of the sparkle. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you! im a huge fan of my distressing tool! love it!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this little pirate Davina...perfect for the challenge and brilliant design..Hugz Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks Gayle hun! agree with mummy tho she looks like she needs a bath! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx