Friday, May 02, 2014

going back in time with 1920's Tilda!


Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!

So I am here today with a card with a theme that I LOVE- 1920's style. For this I used Tilda as a flapper! how cute is she!

I am entering my card in the following challenges-

Magnolia Mania- Vintage
Midweek Magnolias - Texture
Inky Chicks - From the heart
lovely hAnglar or sweet Magnolia- Lots of Layers
Magnolia Forever Challenge Blog - Anything goes

So for this card I masked Tilda onto a the piano stamp. I loved the theme of vintage and this to me is the perfect scene... think those smokey jazz bars in the 1920's (yes i like to make little stories up lol!) I coloured both of the images with Copics.

I used DP from the Kaisercraft 'Vintage Timeless' collection. This has the old style papers in that gorgeous yellow/ brown/tea colour which are perfect for any project which you want a vintage twist to.

Now for the texture- I used some cheese cloth, some mesh, two lots of lace, some fran-tage, and some of this gorgeous ruched ribbon trim. I used dies from Magnolia for the sentiment and for the edge of two of the DPs. I had to use the musical notes as Tilda is sitting on a piano! All the texture embellies are layered between the DPs. The sentiment stamp is from La La Land Crafts .

The flowers are a mix of Kaisercraft and WOC. I used a pearl trim, and draped it across the bottom of the image. All edges of the card are coloured with DI 'Vintage Photo'. I used a small natural coloured wood heart and a fan to finish off.










I hope you like my card!


Glitter Words
















[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

7 comments:

  1. beautiful card! so many amazing details!
    thanks for sharing with us at magnolia mania!
    hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! what a fabulous card Davinia, love your masking with these stamps and you've added amazing texture. Thank you so much for joining us over at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck in the draw. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card! Lovely colours and colouring, gorgeous design and wonderful layers! Thank you for joining us at LHOSM, good luck and I hope you will join us in the next challenge.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello what a wonderfull card
    Thanx very much for joining us at Magnolia Forever
    Greetings Cinderella (Cindy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is fabulous. I love all the vintage details and your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Forever.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your beautiful Card! Such a cute image and wonderful design and embellishments! Thank you for sharing at Magnolia Forever! Hugs Julie DT xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card ! I love your color combo
    Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia Forever
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx