Sunday, June 07, 2015

Surfs up for the summer


Hiyyyyyyaaaa!

I am here today with a summery card, yep i am thinking about summer again! Although got to admit the weather is much better than last week thats for sure!!!

The challenges I would like to enter with my card are-

Deep Ocean Challenge Blog- Add a charm
Loves Rubber stamps - Anything goes
Midweek Magnolias- Fun in the sun
The ABC Challenge blog- 'K' is for Kritters
Tilda's Town Neighbourhood challenge blog- Use dies or punches

So for this card I used the awesome 'Surf Tilda' from the collection 'WW15' I love her dreadlocks!!! Doesnt she just look adorable! I coloured Tilda with Distress inks, I am getting more confident with the DI, the old adage of 'practice makes perfect' is true.

The DPs are from the Kaisercraft collection 'Sandy Toes' gotta admit this is one of my all time fave KC papers, love the colours!!!!

The dies are from the fabulous 1st Doohickey club and i thought the jellyfish was the perfect Kritter. The other dies are from Tim Holtz, Go Kreate, Memory Box and Impression Obsession.

I edged the dies with DI 'Vintage Photo' and the image is edged with DI 'Tumbled glass.

Now my, how cute are these little bubble embellies from Dress it up!! I have been DYING to use them! The charm is a teeny tiny pair of flip flops!!!

I edged the flip flop die with Stickles as wanted them like the cute ones you see nowadays. I also added the same gold Stickles to the zippers on Tilda's wetsuit and to her bobble for her dreads. The sentiment inside the card is from a La La Land Crafts

Behind the image you can see some pale blue spiders web mesh and some cheesecloth.

Finally, I sprayed the whole card with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist for that summery gold that the sun casts on everything.

Have a lovely day!


Glitter Words





Arnt the bubbles cute!!!!

























[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

6 comments:

  1. Darling card, Davinia. Love this cute surfing Tilda. Those bubbles are outstanding!. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love all the details! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute
    thanks for playing with us at tilda's town
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love all of your pretty details and teh sweet image. Thanks for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so many gorgeous elements to your card Davinia - its beautiful - thanks for sharing your creation with us at ABC Challenge and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Davina! Love the added embellishments.Thanks' for joining us at Tildas Town.
    Hugs
    Christina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx