Monday, August 10, 2015

Vintage beach wear


Hiya all!

Hope everyone is ok? Its a gorgeous day here in the Pilbara, not a drop of wind. Perfect.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges-

All about Magnolia Challenge Blog- Summer
Craft Heaven Shop Inspiration Challenge blog- Bingo- Full house
Deep Ocean challenge blog- Summer
Paradise of Magnolia- Anything goes
Paradise of stamps- Anything goes

Well I thought I would finally try something that I have been wanting to do for a while but been really nervous about it- black and white colouring with Distress inks. When i received my Maja collection 'Sommartider' and saw the black and white papers with the beach things on that was it! knew I had to do it!

So for this card I used 'Tilda on the beach' from Sea Breeze collection. I coloured Tilda using Distress inks. I edged around the card with Distress ink 'Pumice Stone'. The only spots of colour are on her hat and her cheeks.

I used a die for my feathers and that is from Magnolia. All the other dies are also Magnolia. To tie in with the red I used some red thread on the grey glitter buttons and some read flowers.   Used a red die cut of a bow for the bow aspect along with shabby seam biding at the top tied into a bow, where the charm is attached. The charm is a little pair of sunglasses.  I use some lace from Live and Love Crafts.

For the pearls I added a flat back pearl button to the middle of the bow which has awesome bling around it. This is also from Live and Love crafts.  I added a pearl pin also.  For more bling I added some red rhinestones.

The flowers are from the fabulous WOC.

I hope you like our vintage beach!


Glitter Words



















[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow.. your card look beautiful and has a wonderful effect!

    Thank you so much for joining our summer challenge at All About Magnolia! Hope to see you again next month! ♥

    XoXo DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creation as always! Thanks for joining at Paradise of Magnolia: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is a complete opposite of the previous one.. Did I mention colours before?
    But you know what.. I love you in black and white too!!! LOL!
    Thanks again for sharing your beautiful artwork with us at Craft Heaven Shop!
    Hugs, Tina
    http://www.craftheaven-shop.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx